1. Wall Street Money Will Flow Into The Bitcoin ETF. As soon as a person can go to their brokerage account, type in the symbol COIN and buy now, it will put upwards pressure on the price of Bitcoin. There are many wealthy investors who would like to get into Bitcoin but they feel uncomfortable that Bitcoin is not in their name, that they need to backup a wallet, and they need to keep their computer virus free. The Winklevoss ETF will allow the average wealthy investor who is a not technology expert to put large amounts of money into Bitcoin.
2. The Winklevoss ETF will be promoted as currency diversification on Wall Street Bitcoin is already being regarded by Wall Street as a new currency. The US dollar, Euro, and Yen have been undermined as a store of value. It will be advertised to clients as a high risk, high reward alternative currency.
3. Trading of the ETF will only be open during stock market hours The COIN ETF can only be bought or sold during the NASDAQ market is open in the United States. This means that the Wall Street investor will only be able to access Bitcoin trading from 9:30 AM EST to 4:30 PM. During this time period, there will be increased volume and more news released about Bitcoin. In the downtime there will be massive speculation about where the Bitcoin ETF will open and for what price. There will be discrepancies of the price between Bitcoin exchanges and the Bitcoin ETF.
4. Liquidity in Bitcoin markets will increase dramatically. There will be many more Bitcoins trading hands on a daily basis as the Bitcoin ETF will be required to allow shorting as well. This means that investors can bet that Bitcoin will go down as well. When the Bitcoin ETF opens, it will be much easier for Bitcoin Bears to bet that the price will go down. However, this is good for the price of Bitcoin as it will allow investors to bet both sides of the Bitcoin, increasing Bitcoin transactions
5. The Bitcoin ETF is required to buy additional Bitcoins Details of the Winklevoss ETF reveal that as more money flows into their trust, they are required to buy Bitcoins. Since the supply of Bitcoins is limited, this means they will have to buy from exchanges or over the counter purchases. Recently, the Winklevoss Twins announced they would pay in Bitcoin to go to space via Richard Branson’s Virgin Galatic.